So, how do you make the most out of a networking event? Use these five tips for success at your next networking event.
- Arrive early: Arriving early for a networking event is a great way to have a one-on-one conversation with someone new as everyone else arrives.
- Be authentic: You can’t fake authenticity. Be honest about yourself, your business, and your products or services. Authenticity leads to building connections that last.
- Don’t be sales-y: A well-crafted elevator pitch is far more effective than a sales pitch. Talk about who your ideal customer is and how you help them.
- Build your reputation: Building a reputation takes time. It requires hearing a consistent message about yourself and your business over a period of time.
- Always follow-up: Make sure that you reach out to every new connection you make at a networking event. Great follow-up tools include sending an email or connecting on social media.
Don’t forget to bring your business cards! For more networking tips, or to find a free Open In Indiana Network Event in Central Indiana, click here.